January 17, 2011

Our October Goings-on

So more catch-up…

October was a busy time for us, needless to say.  But in addition to our new addition (the beautiful bouncing baby boy, Tom-ster), we also had a wonderful opportunity to have a family reunion of sorts (sadly, without the Taylor tribe this time around – but hopefully next time) on the Guinn side.  We along with my parents who came up for the birth, the Goldings,who came up from Portland, and my two brothers and their families who live in the area, had ourselves a grand Halloween party! (Whew – a long and weird sentence.)

We had spooky fog for the kids to scream at and run through:

IMG_4053IMG_4055IMG_4057

Of course, we had a mystery to solve: who was the candy snatcher?! Ryan guarded the loot for us while the rest of the detectives detected.

IMG_4063IMG_4066IMG_4071

Our awesome and creative hostess: Witchy-Witchy Leah!

IMG_4089

The prizes were awesome – especially the kind that you can put on your belly.

IMG_4080

And it wouldn’t have been a party without Nanny’s Halloween socks that everyone received!

IMG_4081

Here are some more photos of our family and our fun:

IMG_4075IMG_4084IMG_4086IMG_4092IMG_4097IMG_4098IMG_4102IMG_4127IMG_4131IMG_4134IMG_4122

Halloween in our family is almost more important than Christmas sometimes, but I think for me it’s because it’s more about having fun together and less about gifts.  I hope to incorporate more of that feeling into Christmas as well – because that is what’s most important, right?

Jack got to spend a lot of time with his cousins the first couple of weeks of October while Tommy and I slept.  Thank you all (and especially Nanny and Poppy) for taking care of him while I studied the back of my eyelids.

We were also able to bless our little Tommy while family was in town and we got some fun pictures with both of his grandparents.  I like this one best:

IMG_4158

Pete and I feel so lucky that we have such loving parents and family! We certainly couldn’t do it without them – thank you for all you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment