July 1, 2014

Indoor Sandbox

Tommy is in a special class that helps him gather tools to deal with his sensory needs, and improve his speech.  It has been the biggest blessing of our year! One of the things he loves in his classroom is the indoor sandbox.  Since he is on break for the summer, I wanted to make him one at home.  After doing a bit of research, I decided a classic indoor sandbox was either 1) not aesthetically pleasing, or 2) not in my price range.  I put the idea on the backburner until I found myself wandering around Target and found this on sale:


It got the gears moving, and I started wandering with a purpose.  I ended up finding a tub and stand that was 1) aesthetically pleasing! and 2) in my price range!

  
 
The result was successful, as the boys showed me because they played with the sand for a couple of hours that first day.  And I have found them playing almost every other day since then.  Good deal!
 


 Plus, I can actually turn it into a beverage holder when (if I ever) have friends and family over to entertain! Yay!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks like cool sand. I'm glad you were able to get that indoor sandbox after all.

    ReplyDelete