June 18, 2012

Race Cars Birthday Party

I had a lot of fun putting together Jack’s fourth birthday party. Pinterest was a huge help to inspire me and I found a bunch of things to copy.  This is the end result.

2012-03-16 003

We taped down black tarps from home depot with black duct tape.  Then we went around with a broom as a measuring tool and put down road lines with white duct tape.  I found blow-up road signs and racing banners from Oriental trading.  This was the bulk of the set up – it took four hours in all.  Of course, we could do it in half that time now that we know how to do it.  You know how it is…

2012-03-17 006

We invited our friends to bring their “vehicles” to join in on races and free play.  We think it turned out great and no one got hurt!

2012-03-17 001

We tried our hands at making our own cars, but they didn’t work so we helped things along by setting up a ramp to have them slide down.  I think the kids still had fun making the cars, anyway.

We played, we created, we ate, we hit a pinata and we ate cookies.  I made red ones that said stop and green ones that said go.  I’m really sorry that I don’t have the link of where I found this idea but believe me when I say that I didn’t make this one up.

2012-03-16 002

They were easy to make, were whipped up in no time and served a bunch of people.  That’s a good deal to me!

The party was low-key, fun to do, and made Jack smile.  All in all, I’d call this one a success.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! That party looked fantastic!! Seriously, any kid's dream come true for sure! Great Job Keri!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this one...It looks great! And, you thought about hiring a party planner!! You are wonderful at party planning yourself! Love you!

    ReplyDelete